Sunday, June 28, 2009

Soccer (football) Damn You!!

Wednesday the U.S. soccer team beat the number one team in the world, Spain 2-0 in the Confederations Cup. Spain had not lost a game in their last 35 international matches. The U.S. was final bound for the first time ever in a FIFA tournament. As a soccer fan this was the biggest upset of all time. Spirits were insanely high for us weirdos. Thursday Brazil beat South Africa 1-0 for the other spot in the final. Now a week ago there was no way any one would give the us a chance in hell against Brazil but after Spain, anything was possible. I was all over watching this game and excited as mother fucking shit. BUT....I worked all day on Saturday. Also it was Cool Desert Nights or as i call it: Idiot-asshole-dumbass-car-fuckers-horrible-cunt-cluster-fucka-rama featuring dumbest fuck customers ever. I came home and played Bad Company until way too late. I fell asleep until about 1:00pm on Sunday. I woke up to hear that the U.S. had blown a 2-0 halftime lead and lost 3-2 to Brazil. I was so fucking disappointed I turned the TV off without even watching the highlights. It's been a while since I had hope in anything at all, really and what happens? Disappointment. There you have it soccer proves that all hope is gone. No we can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment